Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike the traditional neon glass signs – so familiar to all – The Neonist signs are made of PVC – a flexible and robust material. The electrical and colorful part of the sign is made of the LED light, a much safer and power-saving alternative to mercury or gas-filled tube of a traditional glass neon sign.
Besides the 12 primary colors we offer, we can also make signs that combine more than one color, such as RGB
Red, Orange, Green, Purple, Yellow, Royal Blue, Hot Pink, Golden Yellow, Ice Blue, Rose Pink, Warm White, and White.
- LEDs have many advantages over incandescent light sources, including lower energy consumption, longer lifetime, improved physical robustness, and faster switching.
- LED signs are much safer! Legacy neon signs are made of glass, which can become hazardous if broken. Traditional neon signs are filled with gas or mercury; if the neon breaks, gas can leak.
- The LED neon signs do not overheat, making them suitable for any home and children’s bedroom.
- Our neon signs are mounted on acrylic boards, which are much lighter than glass boards.
- Once fixed to a wall, a glass neon sign can not be easily moved to a different place. With LED neon signs, you have the freedom to choose where to place and enjoy them – again and again!
- LED new neon sign can be easily displayed outdoors.
- Unlike LED neon signs, the glass neon consume significantly more electrical power and are way more burdensome on the electricity spending.
- LED neon signs are great for unleashing your creativity. Virtually any design can be recreated, unlike with glass neon signs.
- Glass neon often buzz and hum, unlike the LED neon signs.
- LED neon signs come with the dimmer and remote that provide full control of the brightness levels and lighting modes like flash, flicker, and pulse. The glass neon signs can not be dimmed or made to flicker.
- The lifespan of a glass neon is about two years. After one or two years, they become less bright (and sadder), and it takes them much longer to switch on. LED signs can last up to six years!
Not all LED neon signs are crafted equally. When craftsmanship quality is compromised, neon signs can exhibit a variety of issues:
- The final product is different from the original design. The neon signs are handcrafted, and this is what makes them so unique. As with all handcrafted products, it is not easy to copy a custom design down to the millimeter. That is why the high-precision production method and quality control procedures are so essential. A state-of-the-art production studio can craft a final product with high accuracy, making the neon sign almost identical to the original design.
- LED quality is compromised. Imagine receiving a neon sign, opening the box and plugging it into a power outlet – only to discover that there are areas of the LED wire that do not light up. To make sure that the LED signs are not damaged during the production process, it is crucial that the quality control procedures are activated during the production.
At The Neonist, we pride ourselves on never cutting corners. Emma, the co-founder of The Neonist and an Industrial Engineer by training, works tirelessly to ensure the final product’s excellence. Whether sourcing high-quality supplies, installing quality control procedures at the production studio or streamlining the order and delivery processes, Emma always goes the extra mile to make sure that The Neonist’s clients enjoy a great customer experience.
Our Production Process
When we launched The Neonist, we knew one thing – we would not compromise on the quality of our signs. Unlike other LED neon sign vendors, we do not glue the design elements onto the acrylic board but carve the original design into the acrylic board and attach the LED tube and silicon cover into the carved niche. Our unique production method produces high-quality neon signs that are almost identical to the original custom design. Another benefit of our approach – no dark spots, our LED signs light up evenly.
Unlike glass neon, The Neonist’s signs emit relatively no heat and do not pose gas leakage, shattering, and breakage risks. Our LED neon signs are mounted on acrylic glass, a flexible and robust material that never poses a safety hazard, even when broken or cracked.
Yes. We believe that our customers should enjoy the complete experience of owning a neon sign. This is why the dimmer and remote control are offered with every sign purchase, at no additional cost.
Each LED bulb has an average lifespan of 60,000 hours. This means that if the LED is on every day for 24 hours, it can typically last up to six years. If you dim the sign brightness, the LED light can last even longer.
All our signs are handcrafted. Unlike other LED neon sign vendors, we do not glue the design elements onto the acrylic board. Instead, we carve the original design into the acrylic board and attach the LED tube and silicon cover into the carved niche. Our unique production method produces high-quality neon signs that are almost identical to the original custom design. Another benefit of our approach – no dark spots – our LED signs lights up evenly, every time.
The Neonist signs come with a 6ft (1.80m) power cord.
The Neonist signs come with a 6ft (1.80m) transparent two-wire cord.
The sign installation is as simple as hanging a framed photo. The LED neon comes fixed to hard acrylic backing with screw holes for easy hanging…Hang it, plug it in, and enjoy!
How does it work?
- Send us an email with the desired design.
- We process the request, prepare the mockup, and send it to you along with the price quote and order details – all within 48 hours.
- You process the payment and receive the sign at your doorstep in 2-3 weeks.
Absolutely, we have several options available:
- Neon lights, lamps, and sculptures in a clear acrylic box;
- Neon lights, lamps and sculptures with an acrylic base to allow for stand-up signs.
There are two backboard options:
- Rectangle option – the neon sign is mounted on a rectangle acrylic board
- Shape outline option – the neon sign is mounted on the cut-out acrylic.
The type of backboard is typically determined by the design that a customer chooses. The Neonist team makes a choice based on functionality and aesthetics. If you have a preference, please let us know and, if possible, we will be glad to accommodate it.
All of The Neonist signs come with:
- 79″ (2m) clear power cord
- Power adapter
- Screws for hanging the sign
The installation of The Neonist signs is as easy as affixing a photo frame to a wall! However, we are always happy to assist. Let us know if you require the support of an electrical technician, and we will put you in touch with a reliable professional in your area.
The Neonist’s signs directly connect to standard power sockets;
The sign comes with a 6-foot power cord, a 6-foot transparent power cord, and a 110-volt transformer.
Yes. We provide FREE International shipping.
Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
Each sign crafted by The Neonist comes with a 24-month warranty.
The Neonist offers free worldwide shipping